Parents naturally want the very best for their children, particularly when it comes to their education and so when your child is allocated a place at a school, which was not your preference, it is difficult to know what steps to take.

The thought of sending your child to a School where you believe they will not fit in or be able to flourish to their full potential, is a cause of great anxiety to parents and guardians.

Our team of experienced lawyers have extensive experience in education law and understand the workings of the School Admissions Appeal process in detail.

As parents, you do have a right to appeal a decision of the admission authority and ask for your appeal to be heard by the School Admissions Appeal Panel.  The appeal hearing itself will provide you with a short time period in which to make representations as to why your child should be given a place at your preferred school rather than the school at which they have been allocated a place.

Admission authorities must set a timetable for organising and hearing appeals which includes a deadline for lodging appeals allowing you at least 20 school days from the date of notification that your application was unsuccessful to prepare and lodge your written appeal.

Once an appeal has been lodged you will receive 10 school day's notice of the appeal hearing itself.

These deadlines are strict and all evidence relating to your appeal will need to be served in good time and in advance of the appeal hearing.

To ensure you have the best opportunity of satisfying the School Admissions Appeal Panel that your child should be admitted to your preferred School please contact our team of education lawyers.

Our lawyers will be able to guide you through the whole process from communicating on your behalf to the admissions authority, making written representations and advocating on your behalf at an appeal hearing.

If you would like to speak to our expert legal team about this, or any related subject then please contact our team by phone on 0207 936 6329, Email or by completing our Quick Contact Form below.