Following a relationship breakdown, one parent may wish to take the child(ren) to live abroad.  This could be for work reasons, to move home, to be closer to family or to be with a new partner.

This is a difficult and emotive area of law and is often an issue of contention. If the issue cannot be agreed between all those with parental responsibility an application to the Court is necessary. The decision will be made with the child’s welfare as the paramount consideration.

If you are considering a move abroad following the breakdown of your relationship then we suggest that you obtain specialist advice before taking any action.  We offer an initial call with one of our representatives in order to assess whether we are able to assist you and to discuss anticipated fees for our services.  Call us today on 0207 936 6329 or complete our Contact Form and we will call you back.

Want to talk? Our Family Law Clinics are held once a month and offer complimentary 20-minute appointments. Find out if you could benefit.

If you would like to speak to our expert legal team about this, or any related subject then please contact our team by phone on 0207 936 6329, Email or by completing our Quick Contact Form below.