At Monan Gozzett, our firm of experienced solicitors provides expert legal advice and representation to parents and carers of children with special educational needs (SEN) across a range of areas, including:

  • Education
  • Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
  • SEN assessments,
  • and disputes with local authorities and schools

Our SEN solicitors understand that dealing with such legal issues can be challenging and emotional. We are committed to supporting you every step of the way.

Whether you need advice, guidance or representation, our specialist team is here to help you achieve the best possible outcome for you and your child.

Contact our team today by calling 0207 9366329 or by emailing

When Might You Need A Special Educational Needs Solicitor?

If your child has a disability or special educational need, they may require additional support to achieve their full potential.

This support can come in many forms, including special educational provisions, therapy, equipment, or changes to their learning environment.

Unfortunately, obtaining this support can be complex and challenging, particularly if you encounter resistance from your child's school or local authority.

At Monan Gozzett, our SEN solicitors can help you in a variety of situations, including:

  • If you feel that your child is not receiving the support they need from their school or local authority
  • If you are seeking an Education, Health and Care (EHCP) assessment or plan for your child
  • If you need assistance with appealing a decision by your local authority or school
  • If you are seeking advice on your child's rights and entitlements under the law

Why Choose Monan Gozzett?

At Monan Gozzett, we understand that dealing with SEN legal issues can be stressful and emotional.

Our SEN solicitors and lawyers are here to guide and support you through the process, providing clear and practical advice with every step of the way.

Our team of specialist solicitors have extensive experience in SEN law and is dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for you and your child.

We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and approachable service. We are committed to working with you to find a solution that meets your needs.

Contact Our SEN Solicitors

If you need expert legal advice and support regarding special educational needs, contact our team of dedicated SEN solicitors at Monan Gozzett LLP.

Our experienced team is here to guide you through the complex world of SEN law, providing practical advice and representation tailored to your needs.

Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards securing the support your child deserves.

You can call 0207 936 6329, Email or complete our quick contact form at the bottom of this page.

Frequently Asked Questions About SEN Law

Can I request an EHCP assessment?

If you believe that your child may have special educational needs and requires additional support, you can request an Education, Health and Care (EHCP) assessment from your local authority. This assessment will determine your child's needs and whether they require an EHCP .

What does the law say about SEN?

The law provides protection for children with special educational needs and disabilities. It places a duty on local authorities to identify, assess and provide for the needs of children with SEN. The law also requires local authorities to work with parents and carers to identify and meet their child's needs.

Can I lodge an appeal at an SEN tribunal?

Suppose you are unhappy with a decision made by your local authority or school regarding your child's special educational needs. In that case, you can appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST). Our SEN solicitors can provide expert advice and representation throughout the appeal process.

Contact Monan Gozzett LLP today to speak with one of our experienced SEN solicitors and lawyers. We are here to provide you with the support and guidance you need to navigate the often complex world of SEN law.

If you would like to speak to our expert legal team about this, or any related subject then please contact our team by phone on 0207 936 6329, Email or by completing our Quick Contact Form below.