Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to delivering an outstanding service to all our clients at all times. However, if at any point you become dissatisfied or concerned about the service we have provided, or if you are unhappy about your bill, you should contact the senior fee earner responsible for your matter in the first instance to discuss your concerns, or alternatively the firm’s complaints partner, Maria Monan, who will be happy to discuss the matter with you with a view to resolving any issues at this stage.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please contact our Complaints Partner, Maria Monan, who will then initiate our Client Complaints Procedure (a copy of which will be sent to you upon request). We will then have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman at the address below, who will look at your complaint independently. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
Making a Formal Complaint - What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your formal complaint within three working days of receiving it.
- We will then investigate your complaint thoroughly. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Complaints Partner, Maria Monan, or our deputy Complaints Partner, Neal Gozzett, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Maria Monan or Neal Gozzett will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She/he will do this within 14 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three working days of the meeting, Maria Monan or Neal Gozzett will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she/he has agreed with you.
- If you do not wish to attend, or if it is not possible for you to attend, a meeting, Maria Monan or Neal Gozzett will then send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her/his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied with our decision, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner (either Maria Monan or Neal Gozzett) to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review of our decision, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint at the following address:
PO Box 6806
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving our final written response to your complaint and no more than one year from the date of the act or omission about which you are complaining, or if outside of this period, no more than one year from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint
For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.