At Monan Gozzett, our specialist divorce solicitors have the expertise to support clients with complex requirements.
But if your divorce is uncontested and there are no complications, we can also offer a fixed-fee divorce.
The service is designed to help couples who want to dissolve their marriage without financial disputes or child arrangements.
Our family law team can provide a fixed fee divorce for £600 + VAT when acting for the Applicant and £400 + VAT when acting for the Respondent.
What Is A Fixed Fee Divorce?
A fixed-fee divorce operates like any other divorce work our solicitors do, but your fee is fixed upfront.
It can potentially be used for all divorces.
That said, additional challenges, such as financial settlements or arrangements for any children, whilst not forming part of the divorce process itself, are part of the overall settlement picture.
If our solicitors find elements too complicated for a fixed-fee divorce, they will usually advise you on a way forward, such as using a blended fee structure.
This would allow more straightforward parts of the divorce to be dealt with under a fixed fee, with more complex work done under an hourly rate service.
Our Fixed Fee Divorce Process
If you choose a fixed-fee divorce with Monan Gozzett, the process is straightforward and requires no court appearances.
Here is what you can expect:
- You'll begin by having an initial consultation with a family law specialist to review your situation.
- Following this, we will evaluate your circumstances to determine the viability of a predetermined-cost divorce.
- If we find it possible to provide a fixed-fee package, we will proceed with initiating or responding to the divorce application as needed.
- If you're the one initiating the divorce application, we will handle the submission of the conditional order on your behalf.
- Subsequently, we'll proceed to submit the application for the final order.
- Upon the final order's pronouncement, you and your former partner will obtain official confirmation of your divorce status.
Your fixed-fee divorce solicitor will handle everything for you throughout these steps and be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Fixed Fee Divorce Costs
At Monan Gozzett, our fixed-fee divorce is available to couples looking to separate without financial disputes or child arrangements.
If you are the applicant, you can expect to pay: £600 + VAT plus £593 court fees.
If you are the respondent (your spouse is applying for the divorce), you can expect to pay £400 + VAT.
Our fixed-fee divorces include:
- All correspondence with the Court, ex-spouse and client (subject to the below exceptions)
- Preparing and submitting all documentation to the Court
This service does not include the following:
- Personal service of proceedings on Respondent, if ex-spouse fails to return the acknowledgement of service on time
- Attending Court for a hearing if costs of the divorce are not agreed
- A defended divorce
Contact Our Fixed Fee Divorce Solicitors
Contact our team today to book an initial chat with a family law expert.
Alternatively, you can complete an online form which can be found at the bottom of this page.
Frequently Asked Questions About Fixed Fee Divorces
Can I get a fixed fee divorce?
Our family law solicitors will be able to confirm whether your circumstances and requirements qualify for our fixed-fee divorce service. To help give you an idea of the criteria, you and your partner will need to:
- have been married for more than one year
- confirm that your marriage has broken down irretrievably
- confirm that your marriage is legally recognised in the UK
- prove that you are both either
- a. habitually resident in England and Wales and have been living here for at least 12 months immediately before you issued your divorce application
- b. domiciled in England or Wales and have been living here for at least six months immediately before you issued your divorce application
How long does a fixed fee divorce take?
It's difficult to put a specific time frame on any divorce. However, because a fixed-fee divorce is only suitable for non-contested divorces, it is assumed that complications will be kept to a minimum. Therefore it is possible that the process for a fixed-fee divorce can be completed in around six months.
Want to talk? Our Family Law Clinics are held once a month and offer complimentary 20-minute appointments. Find out if you could benefit.